I’m changing the way I record my daily blogging diary. Go check out the last entry or two to see the new format.
Tomorrow’s my birthday (I’m 25!) and I’ll be getting ready for a trip to Seattle, so I don’t really feel like writing an epic post about blogging :)
I’ve noticed that some bloggers like to write about themselves on their birthdays (Ingrid and Peter come to mind), and I’ve always enjoyed reading these (and they always seem to get lots of comments and retweets, hint hint!), so I figured I’d do the same.
Below are 15 things you might not know about me.
1. I can crochet hats and scarves.
2. I ran a marathon over the summer without training for it.
3. I was born near Los Angeles. The longest I’ve lived anywhere is 10 years, and that was in Dallas. I spent my teenage years in Beijing, China. I’ve lived in Utah for 4 years now.
4. I have a personal blog that few people know about. I blog there about my rock climbing, mountaineering, and travel escapades.
5. I love buying and selling domain names.
6. My favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate cookie dough, though my favorite theoretical one is cookies ‘n cream with cookie dough chunks in it. With peanut butter sauce stuff on top. Mmmm…
7. I’ve been rock climbing since I was 11 or 12. I’m in the latest issue of Climbing magazine, and have done nearly 200 first ascents.
8. I ice climb in the mountains and mountain bike in the desert in the winter when it’s too cold and snowy to rock climb.
9. I LOVE reading and read an average of one book a week. Some of my favorite books are Crime And Punishment, The Picture of Dorian Gray, The World’s Most Dangerous Places, and The Art of Non-Conformity (<< I just finished reading this one a week ago and LOVED it! It’s the #1 book I would recommend to bloggers right now).
10. I’m ¼ Armenian, though the place my relatives came from is now part of Turkey.
11. Indian food is my favorite.
12. Once Blogging Bookshelf gets to the point where it can support me financially, I’d love to go back overseas to work on my various projects and study languages (I’m a linguist by training).
13. I really want to start a lifestyle design blog, but will hold off for a while. While I have multiple blogs right now, they’re all small ones that I play with in my spare time. I’d want my lifestyle design one to be on par with Blogging Bookshelf in terms of quality of posts, and I don’t have that much time to work on it right now. Is that blog something you’d be interested in? Yes, I know there are lots of lifestyle design blogs out there already… But then again, there are lots of blogs about blogging, too :)
14. I’m currently working on my first product, which will be a course on how to create simple infographics like the ones I make here for Blogging Bookshelf. Hopefully it’ll be out in the next month. I have an idea in my head of what I think would be a fair price for it, but what would you be willing to pay for it? It will include many step-by-step video tutorials in addition to an overview of infographic creation and many examples.
15. I love listening to podcasts. I currently listen to ones about internet business (too many to mention here, but I could do a post about them in the future if you want), travel (Travel With Rick Steves), history (Stuff You Missed in History Class), randomness (Stuff You Should Know), climbing (The Dirtbag Diaries), Spanish (Coffee Break Spanish), and several more. Oh, and I’m considering starting a podcast here on Blogging Bookshelf. Is there anything in particular you’d like to hear?
And that’s all, folks! We’ll be back to our regularly scheduled programming on Friday.
- Tell me something about YOU that I don’t know!
- Would you read my lifestyle design blog if I ever start it?
- Do you listen to podcasts?
- If I were to start a Blogging Bookshelf podcast, what kind of information would you like in it?