Some of you are aware that for the last few months I’ve been trying to get rid of my unwanted and unnecessary stuff. And what better way to get rid of stuff than give it to my loyal Blogging Bookshelf readers?
That’s where the first Blogging Bookshelf Free Stuff Contest comes in. I have 12 domain names and 12 business and blogging books that I don’t want anymore.
No, there are no iPads here, but there are enough prizes that your odds of getting something are really, really good.
Here’s the complete list of prizes:
If you win one of these domains, you can do whatever you want with it. You can sell it, put a blog on it, create a niche site, use it as a test blog, let it expire… whatever.
Note: If there’s any content on these domains, that content does NOT come with the domain.
Note 2: If you win a domain name, you’re going to need a free GoDaddy account that I can transfer them to.
- GoogleAdwordsTutorial.com (aged 5 years, high CPC, 1300 exact monthly searches)
- KeywordLuv.com (unofficial home of the plugin)
- NetHiker.com (aged 12 years)
- SMObook.com (you know… like SEObook.com, but not)
- SpanishCognates.net (1,600 exact monthly searches)
- WordPressPremiumThemes.com (aged 3 years, 5400 exact monthly searches)
- WowDomainNames.com (aged 6 years)
All of these books have been read. Some are in better shape than others. Some might have my pencil markings in them. But they’re all definitely readable still. Not all have to do with blogging exactly, but I figured they’d be be interesting to someone.
- Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner
- Vagabonding by Rolf Potts
- Internet Riches by Scott Fox
- The Dip by Seth Godin
- Brand Hijack by Alex Wipperfurth
- Complete MBA For Dummies by Kathleen Allen and Peter Economy
- The Truth About Search Engine Optimization by Rebecca Lieb
- Index to English by Ebbitt and Ebbitt
- Clear Blogging by Bob Walsh
- The Red Rubber Ball at Work by Kevin Carroll
- Blogging Heroes by Michael A. Banks
- The 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferriss
How to Enter
You have to do ALL of the below four steps.
- Retweet this blog post.
- Go to the Blogging Bookshelf Facebook page and “Like” it if you haven’t already.
- Subscribe to the Blogging Bookshelf newsletter (enter your name and email address into the free ebook form thing in the blog’s sidebar) if you haven’t already. Don’t worry, I don’t spam, and I only send out one email every month or two.
- Leave a comment on this blog post saying what prizes you’d want if you won (list as many as you’d like so that you’ll at least get something if your first choice is already taken) and why you want those particular prizes.
MAKE SURE THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU ENTER WHEN YOU LEAVE A COMMENT IS A GOOD ONE. THAT IS HOW I’M GOING TO CONTACT YOU IF YOU WIN.
And if you want good karma, you should follow me on Twitter, share this post via other social media channels, or link to my blog or one of my posts :)
The winners will be semi-randomly chosen and posted on the Blogging Bookshelf Facebook page at midnight-ish this Sunday night (April 3). I say semi-randomly chosen because if you give me a really, really good reason or story of why you want a certain book or domain name, you get top priority.
If there’s a prize nobody wants, it’ll go to the thrift store (books) or I’ll let it expire (domain names).
This is my first blog contest so it’ll be interesting to see how it goes. I’ll for sure write a post about it in the future and say what the results were, etc.