Note: Digital Publishing Lab has morphed into the Digital Publishing Podcast.
Digital Publishing Lab is the magazine companion to The Backlight. It is a collection of thoughts and ideas relating to digital publishing, infoproduct creation, internet business, and blogging. The articles are usually relatively short and most were written as responses to things heard and seen in the world of digital publishing. The articles in Digital Publishing Lab have never been published on The Backlight or anywhere else.
The PDF version of each new issue (roughly 10,000 words in length) is FREE for those who have signed up for The Backlight’s newsletter.
Enter your email address in the form in the sidebar to the left and you’ll receive all future issues for free. The plan currently is for new issues of Digital Publishing Lab come out roughly every month. The magazine and what it contains are subject to change as I get feedback from people and the idea evolves.
What people are saying:
Nice job on the magazine! TONS of good info there, and you’re very generous with your ideas.
Just wanted to touch base and let you know I enjoyed reading through your magazine. You have a lot of great ideas and thoughts.
(Published November 14, 2012)
Here is a complete list of the articles included in issue #1:
- The genesis of Digital Publishing Lab
- A Pinterest tool and request
- Kindle publishing notes
- So THAT is how they make money
- Content delivery
- The glory of podcasts
- “Internet business,” “startups,” and “entrepreneurs”
- Being an entrepreneur sucks
- Procrastination, poetry, and onions
- Yeah, I can GIF that
- A fantastic word count tool
- The power of a series of products
- Pinterest as a blogging platform
- Why things are done the way they’re done
- The thrill and value of real, positive feedback
- 9 blogs I would start right now if I had the time
- Facebook as a premium publishing platform
- Compile your content into digest form
- Bullet points
- The easiest ways to clear formatting
- 3 ways communities are formed
- A great newsletter email
- A blog as a knowledge repository
- A niche blog or book idea
- Daily roundups
- A hidden side benefit of read-it-later services and apps
- The Magazine
- An SEO tip I’ve never heard before
- A crowdsourced news roundup podcast
- An idea for a digital product that would provide recurring revenue
- Contributing to Digital Publishing Lab
Question or comment? Email Tristan at products at longrangemedia dot com.