You’ll need to click on this post’s title to see what I did on this day.
- I didn’t start working on blog stuff till later in the afternoon.
- 2:00 – 2:20 Reading and replying to emails.
- 2:20- 3:20 Replied to 18 comments on my blog
- 4:10 – 4:45 Replied to the rest of the comments on my last blog post.
- 4:45 – 5:10 Checked and responded to emails
- 5:10 – 5:25 Worked on blog tips to go (responded to comments, added the comment bubbles and retweet buttons to teasers (thanks, Jason!), added CommentLuv.
- 5:25 – 5:50 – I uninstalled software on my computer that I wasn’t using.
- 8:15 – 8:45 Worked on Blog Tips To Go. Wrote the next post, replied to comments, tweaked the design a bit.
- 8:45 – 9:45: Unsubscribed from my Blogcast FM Premium membership (took me a while to figure out how to… Stupid ClickBank). Went through and deleted all spam trackbacks on Blogging Bookshelf. Looked at books on Amazon.
- 9:55 – 10:35 Responding to comments on BB and @mentions on Twitter
- 10:45 – 12:15 Wrote a guest post and emailed it to the blogger (1,209 words)
- 1:15 – 1:30 Looked at my stats, commented on a couple blogs (I’ll do more commenting tomorrow)
- 1:30 – 2:15 Joined Blokube, SERPd, BizSugar, and BlogEngage. Added one of those stupid sliding sidebar badge things for them on posts (except for Blog Engage. My account there is still being set up). It’ll be interesting to see if I can get some traffic from these.
- 2:15 – 2:35 Wrote this daily blogging diary entry.
- 2:35-2:45 Did Blog Tips To Go Twitter stuff.
- 3:30 – 3:00 Will read The Long Tail before bed.
Total time spent on the blog today: 8 hours, including ~45 minutes on Blog Tips To Go.
- When I woke up this morning I had something like 15 comments and 16 retweets for my new post! That’s a record so far for me.
- I hit 200 visits today. Also a record.
- I wanted to add a “Tools I Use” page today, but didn’t end up doing it. Tomorrow.
- Went for a hike in the morning. I needed it. (I tweeted a pic)
- I picked up the latest copy of Climbing magazine, which I’m in.
- Jens wanted to know what kind of traffic I get back from commenting on lots of blogs. I don’t want to analyze it or add it up, but here are my traffic sources for Monday. Here are my stats for Sunday. I didn’t do much commenting on Saturday or Monday, so I’d say most of those numbers are from the 37 blogs I commented on on Sunday.